Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Goulash, hodgepodge, mix-match

I feel like there's such a load of things that I want to write. I feel like I could just write forever. And yet, I don't know where to start. 


Some of the things I want to write about aren't really things that I should write about here. I should save it all for the journal. Other things are just stupid and no one wants to know about them. So I won't write those either. Here are a few snippets I will include.


Cherisea Lenea Janica Forrest Riley came for a LONG weekend and I loved every minute of it. She helped at school, got toasted at Field Day, endured a crush by an 8th grader and survived a volleyball bowling party.  She came and ran a 5K in D.C. I'm so proud of her. If she doesn't get into the grad school, she might just move here. She loved it. I would love it. I hated watching her leave. 


We had an amazing volleyball sleepover. I love those girls and can't wait for the season to start again.


Soccer season is over. I was titled the "assistant coach" but really, I drove the van and cheered for the girls like crazy. And...I kept Eric in line. I loved it.


School's coming to an end! 22 school days! 13 or so for the 8th grade. I can't believe it.


News on the move- I'm doing it! I told the mom, Bitsy, that I'll be moving in the basement of their house and she's excited. Cathy and Caleb think it's cool too. Caleb, the 3rd grader, especially. "Where will Ms. Peffer go when we go on vacation?"  Bitsy: "Well, she'll be here, or she'll visit her parents."  C: "She could come with us!"
Yesterday when I saw him for the first time knowing, he checks in at extended care and says, "Hello Spanish teacher who's going to live in my basement..." and walks away. Walks away to a classmate and converses for a little bit. The classmate looks back and forth from me to Caleb. He then walks over to me and asks "Is it true? Are you moving in with Caleb?" "Ummm...yes."  "Why? You don't have a house?" "Well, Ms. Craig is moving so I need a place to stay."  "Oh. I thought Caleb was lying." "Nope. It's true."   Then Caleb proceeds to tell about 3 or 4 other kids. All I can do is laugh. It's going to be awkward for awhile.


As Caleb walks into my classroom today, he says, "Can I call you Roomie?" :-() uhhhhh..... "No! Not yet.." (I should have said, um, never.)    He is also telling all the teachers that I'm going to bring him to school. We'll watch the novelty wear off when I'm the one yelling up the stairs, "5 seconds and the car's leaving!!!" 


I think it's going to be a good thing. A great thing for both of us.




I think that's all the rambling I'll tonight. Gotta get in the Word. Things to pray about.  Way past bedtime. 

1 comment:

Cara said...

Abby, can I just say that I love your posts. Thanks for sharing ;) Miss ya!