Monday, June 7, 2010

And it's only 9:55am

I don't know when I've felt such an influx of emotions in such a short amount of time. I know it's not abnormal, and people go through stuff all the time.

It's just been a long time since it's happened to me. A long time since my emotions have been thrown for a loop.

High-I finished ALL MY GRADES! No more red pen until September! No more entering grades into the computer!

Low-Last night I was doing something and it made me realize how much things are going to change in the next 12 days. Thinking back through all the memories and the great times Erin and I've had over the last 3 years brings so many laughs...and tears. It's going to end. We'll still be great friends, but there won't be the 11pm ice cream runs, the themed movie marathons and dinners, the sit around all Saturday and do nothing together just because we can, etc. I was up pretty late-1am and then couldn't get to sleep.

High- This morning is so exciting because it's the LAST MONDAY of the school year! I came to school charged and ready (even though I'm on little sleep). Tonight I'm going out to Bonefish grill with Erin, Jo Anne and Kim. They are forcing me to try good fish. I'm not too excited. ;-) It'll be a fun time together. A last hoorah.

Low/High-Then, I had my end of the year evaluation with the principal and assistant principal. I was up and down with that one- wasn't sure what to expect. I thought it was after school today so I was taken off guard when they came to my room to get me. It went really well-I got mostly 5s! I know there are a ton of areas I need to work on, hence the 4s, but it's a growing thing. They said they are really pleased with what I'm doing and how the things I do don't go unnoticed. I just try to do my part and extra-because I don't have a full classroom so I do have that extra time and less responsibilities in certain areas. I'm thankful that God has given me a servant's heart. It's so easy for me to help and I know it's a gift. Nothing I've done to earn it.

Low- VERY LOW- Eric texted me last night and asked me to pray about a HUGE decision that he has to make. Ok, sure. I'd love to pray. Anything for him. Then today, while I'm teaching a class, he hands me a "Reference Evaluation for Amherst School", and all he says is that we'll talk about it later. WHAT. How can he do that? How can he leave me here with this feeling in the pit of my stomach. How can he hand ME a reference form that will help him get a job at ANOTHER school. I wanted to throw up. I still do. I don't want to fill it out. Anytime I think about it, I get sick. I don't want to talk to him about it. He already knows what I think and what I'm going to say.

How do I be supportive? How do I let ANOTHER best friend go this year?

2 comments:

Cara said...

That's hard! I hope things get better for you and I'm happy for the things that are going well.

Rachael said...

WOW!! Isn't a little late for Eric to be searching for another school??? I hope you don't have to say goodbye to another friend this year!! I am so excited for your time off though!! YAY!!