Friday, August 6, 2010

OH yah....I have a blog...

So, I realized, recently, that I have a blog. ;-) And, after some of you have frantically asked me, "So, what did Eric end up doing with the teaching jobs?" I realize that I left you all hanging. And that was from June. It's August. And man, have I have a full summer!

So, Eric- He came and talked to Ann and I about whether or not he should leave and I just sat there. I didn't say anything, I didn't want to talk. I didn't want tears to come. Well, Ann asked if I had any input, and I just teared up and shook my head. Later he came to my room and told me he had made his decision- He was staying. YAY!!!! And then he said, "Don't you ever cry like that again....it's not fair..." So, my school year will be a lot less painful this year with Eric there. It'll be a little easier to not miss Erin so much. Just a little though. It still hasn't hit me that Erin won't be at school this year. It just feels like we are on vacation. It won't hit me until inservice when her room won't be her room. Late nights at school won't be the same. 


My summer was amazing. I got to do so many things and see so many people. I got to spoil my nephew, who now says my name!! He hasn't gotten the "aunt" part yet, but it'll come! And he doesn't run from me in fear anymore. He knows who I am! He just fills me up with so much love. I could just hug him forever. He was chasing Nana with a rubber snake! We just giggled so much together.

{I went on a missions trip to Dominican Republic. That will have to be another post.I know, the suspense is a KILLER!}

I traveled to Ohio to hang out with Joyce who is getting married in September! I'm the M.of H. and we had to get things rolling with the wedding. It's so soon! I also got to see Tiana and Cara while I was in Cleveland. It was such a blessed time. We just picked up where we left off. I really miss those two. Their hearts for our Savior and the love they have for life. And their ability to color-coordinate! (with everyone but me...apparently I didn't get the memo!)

Then, on to Indiana where I had and AMAZING time with my kindred spirit, Rachael. I feel like I'll have to write that up later too. Sorry! Just so much to say about those 10 days. I will give you a picture or two, though!


I'm back to Virginia-as of 5 hrs ago. Volleyball camp doesn't start until August 16, but I want to feel like I'm home before I start school again. My living quarters are  still a DISASTER so I want to get that all set up and figured out. Things to go up in the attic, on walls, under the bed, etc.

I WILL try to be better at this. I don't know how many actually read this anyhow. BUT I'll do it for Amy, Tiana, Cara, Ashley and Kristin!

4 comments:

Kristin said...

whohhhooooo! loved the pics, abby! thanks for the shout out:)

Emily said...

I read you, too. :) I enjoy reading about your journey through this life. God Bless!

Anonymous said...

ahhh and she WRITES!!!!!!!!! hahah its about time!!! lol. love you lots. :)
~me

Rachael said...

You're a little behind in writing & I was a little behind in reading!! hahaha I just realized that I had skipped ahead. YOu should post it on facebook, it'll remind me to check it out :)