Monday, February 15, 2010

Interesting Proposition

So today I was approached by a mom/friend/volleyball assistant with a proposition. 


An offer.


She started off by saying, I don't even know why I'm telling you this, or why I'm even bringing this up, but it's been on my heart and I need to say this. I won't bring it up again unless you bring it up, so here it goes.


"I have a finished basement that I'm not really using. I know you need a place to stay in June for the next year. It would benefit me immensely. I wouldn't charge you rent, but what I would ask is that you take my son (9) and daughter (13) to school everyday (my school). That way I could earn overtime for time off. I could collect at least 4 weeks of leave time if you did that all year. And that's the world to me."


---did you catch that? 


          I WOULDN'T CHARGE YOU RENT.


Is this a dream come true?? Is this God's way of providing for me to be able to pay my loans off quicker so I can get to the mission field? I would be saving $533 a month. That's over $6,000 I could save and put it on my loans. WHAT?!??!! 


It means that I would have to condense and sell things or put things in storage (or in my parents house.... :-) because right now, my stuff can furnish a HOUSE. There's a ton of stuff I have that I don't need anyhow.  It means living further away from school, but not any further than before.  I'd be living with a single divorced mother and her two great kids who I've known and taught for the past 2 years. Her daughter is me when I was her age. I've had the desire to mentor her since I met her. This could be such a positive in her life. And in mine. 


And I'd have a place to go without needing to look. Do you understand that peace that I'd love to have? I'd be able to move stuff gradually if I wanted to. I could travel across the country with Erin as she moves to California before the end of June. How amazing would THAT be? Such a crazy thing! Something I've always wanted to do!!!! We'd cover 13 states-7 states that I've never been to! WOAHH!


We'd have to set boundaries and all that. Obviously. I'd have to figure out how I'd fit with a family of 3. A single divorced mother and her two great kids. Not a 26 yr old's dream life, or normal life, but there's not really that's normal about me and my life. 


Ahhhhh!!!! Erin pointed out that God has provided us BOTH with a free living possibility. We thought we were left devastated and now we have this.

Stay tuned....




2 comments:

Kristin said...

GOD is always awesome, especially when we live in faith:)

WOOT WOOT!

Abby said...

I'm not completely sure if I'll do it and I need to figure out the questions I'll need answered and boundaries I need. I think it'll be fine but I don't just jump into things! Keep it in prayer!