Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Snow Days, PLURAL!

So I've just made history. Okay, well I didn't make history, but I lived through history! Virginia hasn't had this much snow in over 100 years. Getting snow like this is unheard of. I haven't been to school since Thursday of last week. LAST week. We've had 5 snow days in a row and Friday looks iffy. We are to have our Black History Celebration on Friday, so it really just depends if Mr. Jones wants to deal with the wrath of the parent who has planned this whole celebration.  


It's been a continual aloud declaration of "we don't have school tomorrow!" to help us realize how crazy this whole thing is. Now I'm not surprised with the phone chain call to tell us about tomorrow's cancellation. My body TOTALLY knows how much snow is outside. I've been shoveling all week.  Erin even went out on her roof and cleaned it off so it wouldn't collapse. Nice of the landlady to tell us to check...but didn't give us a method of fixing it.


The snow is absolutely breathtaking. the view is amazing. The layers of snow are unbelievable. The crystals are sparkling under the light of the moon.


I've enjoyed movies, cleaned my room, read an entire book, painted my toenails (blue and orange to boot!), went to the mall in between the dumpings of snow because cabin fever is REALLY grabbing us, gotten a lot of sleep and have played a little Wii. I'm actually disappointed in our Wii playing. Granted, I don't have a teenage boy living here, so it's understandable, but I really need to get my money's worth with my new toy! 


Now we have school scheduled for Presidents Day which is totally fine with me. It'll make planning a lot easier.


Friday night Erin and I are going over to friends house to celebrate the Opening Ceremony of the Winter Olympics. I love watching iceskating! Kristi Yamaguichi is my hero! Yah, I know, she's not skating anymore, but I still adore her and loved watching her when I was little. Now all the girls who are skating seem sooooo little! Let's see what happens in Canada! Go Team USA!

No comments: