Saturday, January 19, 2008

Adventures

My poor little Cavalier is in the shop....poor Sally. She decided she wanted to rest awhile in the parking lot of a shopping plaza last night around 8:30pm. Normally, I would have gotten all frantic, upset and all "doom and gloom." These last 2 years have really changed me in the way I've handled things. Erin was with me and we calmingly called Jessica and asked her to come give us a jump. While waiting for Jess, Erin looks at me, shakes her head and says......what adventures we find ourselves in. It's the story of our lives together.....
When jumping it didn't work, I called AAA and was told that a tow truck would be here in the next 75 minutes. Jess and Erin went to get "comfort food" from Chipotle while I waited for the tow truck. I only had to wait about 10 minutes before I saw the flashing lights of the tow truck, searching for me amongst the hundreds of cars in this lot. He towed it to my mechanic, about 1.4 miles away (PTL because I can get free towing from AAA for the first 3 miles....SO DUMB!). This could have been such a horrible experience, but God was so good.
1. It was only 1.4 miles from my mechanic
2. Erin was with me
3. It was a well-lite safe area with people all around, bathrooms and heated buildings
4. Jess was home and not on a date with her boyfriend, allowing her to come help us
5. This could have happened 2 weeks ago when I was on the way to New Jersey for my friend's wedding, on the side of the road, making me miss the wedding
6. The tow truck was close by
7. It could possibly be my fuel pump, which is covered on my warranty!
8. We have a three day weekend, which allows me to have Monday off, but they don't have off, so I'll be able to get my car.
9. I have amazing friends that are letting me stay at their house so I'll have a ride to church and to go get my car on Monday.

Yeah, it stinks. Who wants their car to not work? But, it could be much worse. Jess said I was being super positive about all of this. Only by the grace of God am I positive, and only by the grace of God that all over the 1-9 from above happened. I have nothing to do with it.

No comments: