Thursday, January 24, 2008

NNNNNNNNoooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What IS it with me and cars??? I hate all the trouble I "get" to have with them. All of the "lessons" and "growth" that I get to experience with my cars. Last night Sally wouldn't start. Yep, just 24 hours before that I picked her up from the garage. Ann drove me home, I had a good cry, called my dad to complain and expected him to be on my side. Nope. God blessed him with the voice of logic. He didn't make me feel better or say that I was right to be upset and to go and tell them off tomorrow. Nope. He said that cars have a lot of things, layers, that one needs to get through to see the real problem. Aghh!! I didn't feel warm and fuzzy after our convo. I guess I need to call someone else when I want pity.
She did start this morning and I drove her over to the garage. Let's pray that THEY have pity on me and find out the problem, fix it, and not charge me too much. Come on warranty, help me again!


On a more positive note....today was the first day of the 3rd quarter. Woohoo! Half way done! Middle School Health is over and we get to have PE for the rest of the year. Today the girls and I had SOOO much fun! It was such a breath of fresh air. Last quarter we had 26 girls in a small room learning about drugs, alcohol and hygiene. Who WOULDN'T rather be playing? I know I would!

I guess I didn't realize how much I enjoyed PE (don't tell the administration!). It was so great to be able to play around with the girls and watch them be kids. I know the teachers aren't supposed to play, but I did. I loved every minute of it. We played Dodgeball, the ever famous PE game. It was fun for the girls because the guys weren't there. They were able to be themselves and show themselves strong, able and confident. We giggled through the whole game. I had them play like I did in elementary school. Once someone catches it, the WHOLE team is back in. The game went back and forth. 2 or 3 were left on one team and the end seemed inevitable. THEN, someone would catch it, the team would RUSH back in, screaming, and it was like we were starting all over again. We played one LONG game of Dodgeball, that ended 45 minutes later with my team finishing off the last girl. The guys joined us at the end, playing girls against guys. It was so much fun. One girl got bashed in the chest by a guy and was so embarrassed (and a little sore) that she was laughing so hard, tears were streaming down her face. Ahh.... what a morning!

No comments: